With a reputation for providing the most efficient path to launching products, the company takes an idea and turns it into a workable, ship-able product. Customers are in good hands with Whizz Systems because the team manages the entire process of a product from development to prototypes and manufacturing.
Co-founded in 1999 by Muhammad Irfan and Manny Karim, the company began as an advanced engineering and high-mix/low-volume EMS provider. Irfan and Karim invested in the best technologies and practices so that the company could continue providing the best service and products in the industry. Today, Whizz Systems is equipped to successfully design and develop the products that customers need to remain successful in the current rapidly
advancing market. The company has the technical expertise, flexibility, competency and scalable capacity to finish a project successfully and cost-efficiently.
They are strategically positioned to service companies targeting solutions for Artificial Intelligence (AI), the Internet of Things (IoT) industry, embedded, FPGA, high-performance computing, and wireless. The company has the needed in-house infrastructure and expertise to provide solutions for integrating a wide variety of sensors, technical expertise around RF/antenna design for connected sensors/beacons and embedded/mobile connected gateways. “We are built for today’s complexity and changing requirements and offer our customers a comprehensive set of value-added product realization services,” said Dan Williams, Director of Sales and Marketing. “Regardless if a customer has small needs or an entire product design and development project, we are here for them as a partner
and an extension of their resources at every step of the process.”
With a global presence across three continents, Whizz Systems’ customers include industry leaders in the computing, storage, networking, security, consumer, semiconductor, instrumentation, medical and defense industries. The company’s team of design engineers, operations, materials and PCB assembly professionals are committed to excellence, which has earned the company its reputation of success and maximum efficiency without compromising on quality.
The team has developed processes and procedures that emphasize continuous improvement in every phase of the manufacturing operation that includes four state-of-the-art assembly lines in Santa Clara with a similar infrastructure in the Malaysia facility. Additionally, the company provides customers with a cost reduction path once quantity and projects have been determined.
As part of its successful New Product Introduction (NPI) business, Whizz Systems provides solutions from concept to completion, including the following:
• Engineering: FPGA design, board and system design, signal integrity and simulation, PCB layout and DFX, and simulation, mechanical and thermal design, and JDM
• Manufacturing: Material sourcing and procurement, NPI and quick turn prototypes (board and systems design, PCB fabrication, material procurement, PCB assembly, rework), production, and complete box build services
• Firmware/Software: The company provides firmware and software as it relates to board bring up and debugging. Software design services and capabilities include Cloud, security, RTL for FPGAs, micro controllers, DSP, RF/wireless, USB, porting of operating systems, and connect products.
• Testing: Flying probe, In-Circuit Test (ICT), functional test, burn-in, rework and Engineering Change Order (ECO),
and redesigns for EOL parts.
• IoT Design: Whizz Systems offers an expansive choice of engineering services pertaining to IoT networks that are sensor-driven, ranging from IoT architecture design and development to manufacturing. These include edge devices, base station design, sensor networking and cloud connectivity.